The 22nd International Symposium on Wireless Personal Multimedia Communications (WPMC 2019) was held in Lisbon, Portugal, from 24 to 27 November 2019, under the co-sponsorship of the National Institute of Information and Communications Technology (NICT), YRP R&D Promotion Committee (YRP), Japan, Instituto de Telecomunicações/Instituto Universitário de Lisboa (ISCTE-IUL), and Instituto de Telecomunicações (IT), Portugal.
WPMC is an international conference aimed at presenting research results in the wireless field around the world, exchanging opinions and promoting exchanges among researchers, and fostering young researchers in each country. Since its establishment, the NICT and YRP have co-sponsored with the research institutes of the venue every year.
This time, WPMC 2019 integrated Global Wireless Summit (GWS), which had more focused on business-related topics and had co-located until last year, and was held at ISCTE-IUL campus.
The symposium attracted 120 participants from 23 countries, and 98 general papers were submitted (62 accepted papers / 63.3% accepted) while 41 papers were submitted for special sessions (27 papers accepted / 65.8% acceptance rate) .
Next time, WPMC 2020 will be held in Okayama on 18-21 October 2020 with the cooperation of Okayama University.
WPMC2019 Opening Session
Greetings in Opening Session
- ＊From upper-left following the order of thgreeting
- Associate Prof. Azevedo Rodrigues, Vice Rector of ISCTE-IUL
- Prof. Carlos Salema, President of the Board of Directors, Instituto de Telecomunicações
- Prof. Francisco Cercas, ISCTE-IUL
- Dr. Naoto Kadowaki, Vice President, NICT
- Dr. Shingo Ohmori, WPMC Steering Board Co-chair, YRP R&D Promotion Committee
- Professor Dr. Ramjee Prasad, WPMC Steering Board Co-chair, Aarhus University, Denmark
Keynote Speech and Technical Session
- Prof. Fumiyuki Adachi, Tohoku University, Japan
- Dr.Kwang-Cheng Chen, University of South Florida, USA
- Prof. Jelena Mišić, Ryerson University, Canada
- Prof. Vojislav B. Misic, Ryerson University, Canada
- Prof. Ryuji Kohno, Yokohama National University, Japan
- Prof. Rui L. Aguiar, University of Aveiro, Portugal
- Mr. Jorge Manuel Nunes Pereira, European Commission
Venue of Award Banquet
- REGULAR BEST PAPER AWARD
- "Low-Complexity Orthogonal N-Continuous Precoding for Sidelobe Suppression of OMDM Signals"
- Hikaru Kawasaki, NICT, Japan
- "Bistable Behavior of IEEE 802.11 Distributed Coordination Function"
- Shigeo Shioda, Chiba University, Japan
- "5G Beamforming Implementation and Trade-Off Investigation of Cylindrical Array Arrangements"
- Daniel G. Riviello, Politecnico di Torino, Italy
- "New Low Power Digital Sub-Band Predistorter for OFDM Signals"
- Alexander N. Lozhkin, Fujitsu Limited, Japan
- STUDENT BEST PAPER AWARD
- "Hybrid SLNR Precoding for Multi-User Millimeter Wave MIMO Systems"
- Prabhat Raj Gautam, University of Leeds, UK
- "Joint Relay Selection and Resource Allocation for Relay-Assisted D2D Underlay”
- Miaomiao Liu, University of Leeds, UK
- "Energy Efficiency Analysis for Future 3D Mobile Networks with Strategic Sleep Mode”
- Jiacui Miao, Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications, China
- "Crowdsourced Radio Environment Mapping by Exploiting Machine Learning”
- Mina Akimoto, Ibaraki University, Japan
- BEST ENTREPRENEUR STUDENT PAPER
- "Human Bond Communication Sensoring in the Multi Business Model Innovation Process”
- Per Valter, Aarhus University, Denmark
- ● WPMC 2019 Official website